The internet is a big leverage for Small/Medium Entrepreneurs (SME). With good online presence, SMEs’ products and services can reach more prospected customers. Some small entrepreneurs do all the online marketing themselves, while others are wise enough to delegate and outsource the tasks to hasten the growth of their businesses.
Small business owners usually have few employees. Mainly because there is not much things to do and there is not enough profit to pay for more employees. There are even other small business owners who do all the tasks themselves.
As an entrepreneur, if you want to build and run a website for your business, you should know web design, programming, article writing, search engine optimization, and more. Otherwise, you can outsource all these tasks. All you need is to manage them. However, if you are expert in only on creating the products and conducting the services, then it would also be best to outsource a website manager to handle all the employees you need to outsource for your website.
You can contract a third party provider to manage your website by Website Management Outsourcing (WMO), a type of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO). There are a lot of benefits that WMO can offer for the SMEs. Here are the top five benefits:
1. Guarantee professional management of your website. If your business is growing and you need better online presence for your website, it would be a bad idea to do all the tasks on your own. You may be a good web designer, but you may not be good at programming, SEO, marketing or managing. If you do all these tasks, the quality of your website might be jeopardized.
2. Expert-level service. Freelance online jobs are becoming very attractive to people looking for part-time or full-time income. Usually, these guys are professionals in their fields. This means if you outsource a website manager, you can get professional-level service.
3. Exponential growth of income. If your business is growing, you have to hire more staff, and you need to manage all of them. If you do all of these things yourself, the growth of your business will be slowed down. If you outsource, hiring the best marketing team, designers, and programmers and handling them would be easier and faster. That will boost the growth of your business and give exponential increase to your bottom line.
4. Broaden horizons. You know your business very well. But there is no harm in getting an outside perspective. If you outsource your marketing, and your managers, you will have a wider perspective of what your customers want, and how to deliver efficiently. By outsourcing, the people you hire can integrate new technologies to your website. You may not know how to use these technologies, but the people you hire do. Freelance online designers, programmers, and managers have up-to-date software, platforms and technologies that will make your website more effective.
5. Life Balance. Besides the marketing and the financial aspects, outsourcing website managers give positive effects to your personal life too. By delegating tasks, you don’t have to work round the clock. You keep on earning while you spend quality time with yourself, your friends or your family. With more time, you will have a more balanced life.
The fact of the matter is, website management is not for everyone. Most small to medium sized business owners just don’t have the time nor the know how to manage a website and leverage its power on the internet. Besides if you really think about it the benefits of hiring a website manager far outweighs the costs on expenses and time spent managing your business.